This week we’re back with a whole gaggle of weird WoW news stories and a brand new show segment. Yes, I did just use the word “gaggle”.
Don Diablo and Example – Hooligans (Spor Remix)
“Jolly Roger Christmas Ale” by Maritime Pacific
Beer Advocate: B+
Phase 1 of Cataclysm Events Begin
Elementals Attack. (Earth, Fire, Air, Water)
Random Rifts or Time Based
Will the message board keep?
Combat Resurrection Overhaul
Zarhym Blue Post: 1 Resurrection per 10 man raid boss encounter. 3 Resurrections per 25man raid boss encounter. Any combination of Rebirth and Soulstone. Devs are considering a functionality change for soulstone.
New World of Warcraft Community Site
- New Forums
- Game Guides
- Lore Guides
- News Updates
- Community Section
- fan art and wallpapers
Sidenote: New Deathwing Wallpaper is the shit.
Heroics begin opening up on Test Servers (for a short amount of time)
Heroic Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent
expect videos, walkthroughs, etc in the near future.
Cataclysm Vs Bejeweled 3
Pretty funny comparison article with Cataclysm facing off against Bejeweled 3.
Rated BGs go live on the Beta
We will be setting up a “play with the devs” focused test for Rated BG’s sometime next week.
- Rated Battlegrounds are broken down into three brackets. 10v10, 15v15 and 25v25. These brackets rotate weekly and can be viewed in-game via the calendar by activating the battleground holiday filter.
- Players must create a raid with the full number of players required for the current bracket before entering the queue.
- Any level 85 player of your faction may participate in the battle (regardless of guild association).
- When players win a battle, they are rewarded conquest points, up to their weekly cap. Weekly caps are individual for each player and are based on your highest single pvp rating from the previous week (the cap resets on Tuesdays). This rating can be derived from your 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 arena, or your rated battleground rating.
- Players start at zero rated battleground rating and progress upward from there. Rating is only reduced after a lost battle when the player is above their internal matchmaking rating. For the most part, a rating only goes up.
- Epic ground mounts will be rewarded at the end of each season to the top 0.5% of players. Titles are also available as you gain rating in the system. The titles are rewarded directly from achievements earned from gaining the required rating.
- Winning a rated battleground with a team composed of 80% guild members will result in the additional benefit of guild experience gain for your guild. The UI will display a guild banner near the minimap that lets you know if you are eligible for guild achievements and experience.
Region Wide Battlegroup Matching
Over the next few weeks, Blizzard will be combining groups to decrease wait times for Battlegrounds and the Dungeon finder. Complete list here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/battlegrounds/battlegroups/
Kotaku: Conquer WoW with Tanks and Spearment
Somebody over at Civ Fanatics has created the entire world of Azeroth (Complete with Maelstrom in the middle) into a Civ 5 map.
Leveling Speed in Beta
Devs feel it’s right where it needs to be in terms of how fast it goes with a mix of questing and dungeon running
Beta does not currently have the AE healing Nerfs on them, expect them in the next patch.
WoW Shaman Manga Review
Anne Stickney over at WoW insider gives a positive review of the latest Warcraft: Shaman Manga by TokyoPop
The book brings back artist Rocio Zucchi, of Warcraft: Death Knight manga, and writer Paul Benjamin, whose other works include the StarCraft: Frontline series and Marvel Adventures.
Teen Confesses to Murder in WoW
This past March in British Columbia, two teenage boys — 16 and 18 — raped and killed 18-year-old Kimberly Proctor before mutilating and burning her body under a bridge. When it was over, the 16-year-old told a friend on World of Warcraft what they’d done.
The reason the teen picked WoW was because it was apparently something he could not say over MSN chat. The teen confessed to the murder and even sent newspaper links covering the crime. Not showing any remorse, he added that committing the brutal murder did not feel like he thought it would.
Red Shirt Guy Update:
Imperative guild runs Red Shirt Guy through ICC25 to earn Invincible.
WoW TCG Organized Play Schedule Online
Mike Sacco reviews the new Icecrown “starter box”. Mat, 6 boosters, plastic case, dividers. it’s on WoW insider website
Raid Warning: Explicit (Lining Up Guests Marcko of JustMyTwoCopper.org, Miyari or Wowhead)
Raid Warning: Daily Grind – Should be kicking off this week
Raid Radio – Testing to begin this week, accepting DJ applications
5 Star Review from Kivas on iTunes
I was just recently turned on to this drunken mess you guys call a podcast and I fell in love instantly! Enlightening, informative, and enjoyable down to the last sip of backwash.
Warlock Round Table: Lock and Awe
Typefrag “PAX2010” $5 or “Raidwarning” for 25% off
BEER AND BANDWIDTH FUND
VISIT US DAILY:
Facebook Fan Page
CHECK US OUT EACH WEEK:
COMMENTS / SUGGESTIONS / Kitten pictures: