Thespius is back and we have a bit too many in celebration. This week we go over the latest Cataclysm talent tree changes, Real ID annoyances, everyones favorite questions in the Twitter Dev Chat, and we manage to squeeze in a beer run. All the fun Warcraft conversation in this podcast is better served chilled… and after having a few.
“2 Days or Die” by Atlas Plug
“Monk’s Uncle” by The Pike Brewing Company
Beer Advocate: B
Topic: Real ID
Cataclysm Guild Perks
- guild exp gained through raiding, dungeons, etc
- once unlocked, members can buy with gold
- you have to gain guild xp / contribute before you can purchase
Twitter Dev Chat
- Account acheivements = maybe
- guild housing = for fucks sake
- new weapon type = not likely. gnome on a stick
- mana regen by dealing dmg = intentional
- crit immunity passive = no, druids fuck over everyone again
- mastery talents are now passive abilities learned from trainers at later levels
Topic: 31 Point Talent Trees
- what do you think about going to 31?
- what do you think about the change to mastery
- will primary skills at level 10 help leveling and raiding?
This is a first pass
While this is a first pass on all of the talent trees, death knight, druid, paladin (unchanged), warlock, Arcane mage, and Assassination rogue trees are not as far along as other specializations. (Source)
Tom Chilton, Cory Stockton and Greg Street.
- The WoW team originally started off with a different project – they were making a game called Nomad, a role-playing game, but the decision was made that it was not making the progress we wanted. So one day we announced: “You’re no longer working on Nomad, now you’re going to make World of Warcraft!”
- now, with our vehicle system, we can do so many more things. And they’re not even just vehicles; we can use the system to have you grab a rope and swing on to a pirate ship – that’s done using the vehicle system, but to the player that’s all invisible, it just feels like a cool mechanic.
Updated Player Models
We definitely want to do it. Our artists would love to – believe me. The worgen and goblin took an enormous amount of art and animation time for Cataclysm. It’s definitely on the list though. We recognize the problem with old models in shiny new armor. (Source)
Anti-Crowd Control Talents
We are getting rid of a lot of the “being CC’d doesn’t really counter you” talents, because we think they have led to classes not having weaknesses. The fact that instant casts are so important in PvP we think is a direct result from mobility being so important which is a direct result of nobody being controlled. We just need to chill all of that stuff out. If CCs are too potent, we want to nerf the CCs, not give everyone “CCs are impotent” talents. (Source)
5 Star Review by iPinch on iTunes
Great show. Nothing better than beer and sometimes wow stuff. Keep up the nerd rage!
Totem Recall Curse and Magelo Giveaways
WoWCentric open for testing
PAX Live Show (Brian’s offering lap dances) Rooftop secks?
BEER AND BANDWIDTH FUND
VISIT US DAILY:
Facebook Fan Page
CHECK US OUT EACH WEEK:
COMMENTS / SUGGESTIONS / LoveLove Mail: